May 23, 2005
The Green Lantern and Static ShockTomorrow's the day of the class party. My students will be having their Super Power Party as a finale of this subject that I teach in class - Project Skills. And, their project, as a result of class voting, is a class party. So, I hope, they have learnt to think through how to organise a party, plan and prepare for a party. Actually, I think that's a bit too ambitious to hope for. I just hope they don't give me more stress than I already have tomorrow.
Strange that I've been dreaming about this party. Dreaming of all the things that could have gone wrong and did (in the dream). Bad time management, bad behaviour, forgot to buy ingredients, forgot to do this, forgot to give instructions... Man... I've never organised a more stressful party than this.
The menu has been kept as simple and as fuss-free as possible. I chose to employ the convenience of canned food, like sausages, tuna and fruit dessert than to cook. It's more manageable for the children to prepare. But, I'd still prepare pancakes (which is just 2 more steps than open packaging and eat). hehe... the point is, have fun! Why stress over food? Especially when there's enough stress over the many little hosts of the party.
I'm going to spend tonight preparing for this party and trying to convince myself it's going to be just fine, so that I won't dream of it tonight and screw my precious sleep up.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 16:48